One Letter Meme & Thankfulness

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Phew. I started this post 3 days ago but still haven't managed to finish and publish it. So busy these days. Anyways, I was tagged by GNG and Cidersweet last week to do the 1 letter meme thing - Thanks!
I figured it'd be best to just take the stuff off the top of my head and not think too much about it.

These are the rules:

1)Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions.
2)They have to be real….nothing made up! if the person before you had the same first initial,you must use different answers.
3)You cannot use any word twice and you cant use your name for the boy/girl question.
4)Don’t google your answers.
5)Make it as interesting and fun as you can.
____________________________________


1) What's your name : Adaeze
2) A four letter word : Amor - Love in Spanish
3) A boy's name: Amadi
4) A girl's name: Aaliyah
5) An occupation: Astronomer
6) A colour: Azure - Happens to be one of my favorite colors.
7) Something you'll wear: Apple Bottom Jeans
8) A food: Aubergine (eggplant)
9) Something found in the bathroom: Anti-perspirant?
10) A place: Africa! Does this qualify. It's so large. Addis Abeba.
11) A reason for being late: Alarm clock didn't ring. This has happened to me a couple times.
12) Something you'd shout: AHHHH!
13) A movie title: Above the rim
14) Something you'd drink: Apple juice
15) A musical group: Allure
16) An animal: Anteaters. These animals are so cool looking.
17) A street name: Any Avenue..
18) A type of car: Aston Martin
19) Title of a song: All eyez on me (Tupac)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also like to mix this with a thankful post since I didn't do one last week! I have lots of other things to post about but it's going to have to wait.
I am thankful for:
- One of my old friends just got engaged! She and her BF had their joint birthday celebration on Saturday, I couldn't go, but I later heard that he'd gotten a whole band to show up and sang as the vocalist, and at the end of the song he proposed. How sweet is that. Every girl dreams of that kinda stuff.
- Spring is finally here, and the trees are even starting to become green again. I've lived with 4 seasons all my life, but each year I've forgotten how lovely it truly is. As much as I hate the winter, the climate makes me appreciate the earth and nature more. I am blessed to witness the rebirth of life each year. And the birds are back, singing every morning. Beautiful.
- Seems we are going to get enough cash to finish up the most important things in our house in the village this summer.
- That I can quit my job and go back to school this Autumn, to pursue my true goals. And the fact that I am living in a country where school is for FREE. I'm going to have to get a loan to cover my living expenses.
- I finally got to a physical therapist and allthough my problems aren't solved, the therapist is the first one out of many who has managed to simulate my pains, which means she knows where it is. The chance of getting better is higher now.
- I finally got back to the gym after a 2 month break.
- I will probably have the chance to go to Nigeria before I go back to school. Can't wait.
- Blogville for all the love and enlightening.

As soon as I finish some of this work I'll do some more posts and I hope you'll come back to read.

13 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE April 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

oh my goodness....you took me WAYYYYY back by mentioning Allure as the music group. They were so good. I wonder what happened to them....

Good Naija Girl April 23, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Nice work on the meme my dear!

And your thankful post is so great...look at all these wonderful things that you're thankful for.

Wow...that is quite the romantic proposal!

What will you be studying? Will you have to live far from where you live now? How exciting to have this gift of free education.

I hope you will experience true relief from your pain before long. At least you're on track to doing so.

Gosh, I could comment on each thing you've written but I won't. Needless to say, I'm glad all is well, and that you are focusing on the good.

Have a great weekend! ♥

Yankeenaijababe April 23, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Aww so good to be thankful to God. So much thank you on your list. You could never go wrong being thankful. I love the rebirth of 4 season part. We have fall, winter,spring and summer just hating spring allergies.

Hope you have a fun one in Naija. What are you going back to school to study? I am really proud of you. Have a good one.

Cidersweet April 23, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

A-ah, i thot my comment was saved :-( Ok, well, I join you in thanking God for everything- your school, home, and healing.
God bless.

jhazmyn April 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Good to hear about the therapist being able to help, hope the pain goes ASAP, u sure u should continue wit the gym for now?

school huh, hmm, seems like i'm the only one left on earth who doesnt dig school...lol, totally happy for you though, there's nothing like pursuing your dreams

jhazmyn April 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Good to hear about the therapist being able to help, hope the pain goes ASAP, u sure u should continue wit the gym for now?

school huh, hmm, seems like i'm the only one left on earth who doesnt dig school...lol, totally happy for you though, there's nothing like pursuing your dreams

jhazmyn April 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Good to hear about the therapist being able to help, hope the pain goes ASAP, u sure u should continue wit the gym for now?

school huh, hmm, seems like i'm the only one left on earth who doesnt dig school...lol, totally happy for you though, there's nothing like pursuing your dreams

posekyere April 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

I loooooooooooove this post!
Creative, lively and positive.

Enkay April 24, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Any Avenue....? Yeah right! lol! But You tried sha!

Going back to school? Great! I'm seriously thinking of doing the same but the fact that I want to do it abroad and the sheer cost of it is sooo daunting! Free education is truly a blessing!

The Author April 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

As I have said elsewhere, your cheerfulness and positive view of life (add thankful spirit) is amazing in the 21st century. It is so refreshing and I love it! Great post.

Adaeze April 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

@ Solomonsydelle - I wonder what happened to them too? Hmm.. I'm glad I could take you back, I figured a lot of people wouldn't knwo who they were but guess I was wrong!

@ GNG - Aww girl thanks for all your sweetness! I had a nice weekend - how about you? I will be studying social economy with environmental and development. I will be living the same place I'm living now, thankfully I live in the capital city so no problem. But I'm hoping to take a year or two in London/US or Canada in a little :-)

@ YNC - thank you for your wishes. I'm going back to study social economy with development and environmental studies!

@ Cidersweet - Thank you and God bless you too.

@ Jhazmyn - Hmm going to the gym is hard when having those pains but they recommended I keep on movin so I will continue trying, lol. True, nothing like pursuing our dreams! haha, I'm not IN LOVE with school either, it's hard work and stressful. BUT knowledge is power and I love getting higher :-)

@ Posekyere - Awww thank you. I needed that boost.

@ Enkay - Haha I know I faked that one :-P Free education is one of the greatest blessings I think. You know what, If you want to go back to school I think you should. We only live once! Even though it costs so much :-\

@ Nana Yaw - Thank you, it makes me smile to see you think I am refreshing especially these days when I've been stuck with this negative feeling. Thank u for ur sweet and helpful words.

The Activist April 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

"A" is the first and is beautiful.

GOD will see you thru in your schooling

Post a Comment

Make my day!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP