>> Friday, March 27, 2009
I promised myself I would do the Honest Scrap Award last week, and I started this post Friday last week, but had no chance to finish it. So here goes. Better late than never. I've also been meaning to do proper blog-rounds but same story. Bear with me I am coming, lol.
MUST DO FOR ACCEPTING THE AWARD:
* You must brag about it
*You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
* You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends (lol).
* Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
* List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Weeee...It's HARD. I've been thinking what to write, but I feel like I poured it all out last time I did this. I will make an attempt though.
Brag: I got this award and I'm great for it. (I suck at bragging, especially if faking it, so this has to be good enough)
The blogger who bestowed me the award: Standtall, gave me this award and truthfully I am honored she remembered me, the newbie. I admire her for her persistance and ambitions, strength and intelligence. A role model!
- Many people around me see me as a courageous person who isn't afraid of anything. At the same time I get very easily scared off because of experiences I've had before. I am extremely wary when walking outside alone in the dark. This has lead to funny incidences. Further explanation will follow in another post :-p
- When I was real small, I wanted to become a vetrenarian, I loved animals and still do. I get furious with people who have no respect for them. If they are truly spiritual/Christian/anything else they label themselves, they should have full respect for the life of all animals - we share the planet with them and they all have their important place in the ecosystem. They can feel pain, like us, so they should be treated with respect and not be tortured. I have two dogs, one lives with me and one with my parents. The one that lives with me I brought all the way from Nigeria. He is living proof that dogs are results of their environment, i.e how they are treated. He was wild, and now, any Nigerian that meets him are surprised. He can do anything I tell him to do, i.e close doors, pick things up, move things etc etc. Every day when I leave in the morning he stands in the window looking at me with big sad eyes and is always looking for a cuddle.
- I suck at going to bed in time. I have gotten better over the years but even though I know how tired I'll be the next day I'll still stay up a bit longer. I think this is connected to my need for 1 hour TV every day. It calms me down and takes my mind off and If I've been busy all day and everythings chaotic I NEED my me-time and run away from reality for a just a little-bit.
- I am a total rebel. I've always done what everyone else DIDN'T do. Allthough I am still very conservative in so many ways. Sometimes being conservative IS doing what everyone isn't doing. But I don't think anyone should be judged by their cover. I believe in being original and I don't have much respect for people who just goes with the flow and always follows the crowd for that reason only. If you like what the crowd likes that's fine - I do sometimes too, but people who just does things because "everyone else does it" - nah! I think it's healthy for everyone including me to go outside of the box. It's a sure lesson.
- I moved on my own when I was 17 years old. I grew up very fast.
- I am not superstitious AT ALL and have the attitude that I need to see things to believe it. However when I was 13 years old I started experiencing something new. You can say I am a very good judge of character. For several years I just ignored these feelings because I thought there could not be any truth to it, but have learnt to trust my gut feeling more now. That's another way to say it btw, - I have a very stubborn gut feeling. I am very much against judging people by their cover but I somehow always know whether a person is fundamentally good or bad by just taking one glance at their eyes. My husband has been completely freaked out by my mind-reading skills numerous times.
Example: We once met a man on the street whom my husband was aqcuinted with and he had to greet him. When my husband greeted him I instantly felt sick in my stomach and my blood started pumping. I felt very anxious. When we walked away the words just fell out of my mouth "That man is a VERY bad man I don't like him at all". I instantly regretted it because I knew my husband would just think I was judging someone I didn't know,but his eyes went wide open and said "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT! That man killed many people back in Nigeria and people have told me he is now dealing on drugs".
- I am a health-freak and feel guilty whenever I don't go to the gym or didn't eat healthy enough. However I think everyone needs to forget about it sometimes and just enjoy a good meal. I LOVE food!
- I am not a party-person at all and don't feel the need for it either. However I think I need to get more used to socialising because I feel a little awkward. Missed out on all that stuff as a teen. I have always loved dancing though.
- I think people in real life have always viewed me as a bit too serious person. It's good to be serious and all but not too much. I don't want to change that part of myself because it is me, but I believe I've been "too serious" due to events in my life. I am trying to change part of it now and be a little more "jolly" - lol.
- I am a loyal follower of the golden rule. A lot of people say they are but in reality they are not. I'm not flawless but I force myself to always follow this rule. This self-dicipline is extremely important and I think the world would be a better place if people cared for and remembered this principle.
- I love Blogville! I think there are so many talented, inspirational people out there and find myself learning new things every day. It's been so nice to be allowed to take part in it and look forward to becoming better at it. I really need to learn how to shorten my posts down. Forgive me people!
I tag: Hmmm..Anyone who reads this who perhaps would like to do this. I challenge you! It's tough and a good meme I think, because it forces you to more awareness. This wasn't easy to me and I actually think the best point about it is to share some personal things about oneself.
Have a blazing beautiful day :-)