What YOU may not have known? Sisterhood part 2

>> Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hey peoples. Are you upset for me for not posting a pic of my tattoo? I feel very unnoticed o. Lol

Jokes aside, here's a little continuation of my last post. I was inspired to post this from the most useful chainmail I've ever received. I usually think those things are a hassle, but this one served me right. One person I immediately think of who might benefit from reading this is my fellow student STING *waves frenetically for Sting to notice*

I am such a hard working busy person. I always feel guilty when I do something "I'm not supposed to" - like spending time with a girlfriend instead of studying. But this email proved to me why it is a much needed activity (that deserves to be prioritized). I already knew this, but being presented with hard facts in my face felt very satisfying. The email was written by a Stanford student, explaining the content of one of the courses she had attended. The prof of Psychiatry had stated that "the best thing a man can do for his health is to be married to a woman" whereas "the best thing a woman can do for her health is to nurture the relationships with her girlfriends".

While women share feelings, men form relationships around activities. They talk about sports and their jobs whereas women form support systems and help each other deal with stress and difficult life experiences. Quality girl time apparently helps us produce more serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that helps us combat depression and generate a general feeling of well being. I am not surprised! So apparently, spending time with your girl is just as important for your health as excercising regularly is.

We often push ourselves to eat healthy, stay fit and exercise, all to stay healthy, but may deprive ourselves of this 'guilty pleasure ' ( at least those of us who are over achieving neurotic students ) , but according to this proffessor, it's just as important as any other activity we do for our health. In fact, he stated that not doing it is as bad for your health as smoking cigarettes. In your face guilttripping voiceman (yes, it's a he) in my head! BOOYAH!

I think I'll still feel guilty at times, but certainly less than before. Blessings!


10 comments:

NaijaScorpio March 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

I totally agree cos i know even when i'm super stressed and super busy and i call my friend to vent, she kicks me off the phone and comes over (we live in the same apt complex), having her over takes away from study time but i always feel much better after we are done talking and i'm able to study better. It's like letting air out of am over blown balloon aka decompressing.

I've had some of my best belly laughs courtesy of that chic and we often say we don't think we can survive med school without each other. I would have ended up in a psych unit on lock down.

I barely have any close female friends these days but i am thankful for the one i have.

NaijaScorpio March 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM  

P.S I was expecting to see the tattoo but as u no gree show us, wetin person go do?

Vera Ezimora March 15, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

I already spend too much time with Funmie. At this time, I wouldn't mind spending my time with one or two men. Shoot, maybe three sef *INSERT MISCHIEVOUS LAUGH*

P.S. I hate leaving comments with my Google ID cause it redirects people to my old blog instead of www.verastic.com ... allow us to leave comments with our url naaaa!

Myne March 15, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

Spending time with friends can be so therapeutic, I usually indulge. Blogging also helps me fill my quota, lol...

NoLimit March 22, 2011 at 3:46 AM  

I agree...there's something about bonding with "my girls" ... We hang out at least once every other month...can't wait for the next meet up...Can't explain it fully but it is energizing,inspiring,motivating,calming, soothing... all @ the same time!lol

Natural Nigerian March 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

I wanted to see the tattoo too!

I have always thought that the relationship between girlfriends is a very important one. The right sort of girlfriend will help you grow from strength to strength.

That said, some need to be dropped like a hot potato as they are more toxic than anything.

harada57 September 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toby June 29, 2022 at 3:42 PM  

This was lovely to reead

pg slot99 November 3, 2022 at 3:30 PM  

pg slot99 เกมสล็อต ค่าย พีจี ถือเป็นค่าย เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรงตลอดหลายปี ที่ผ่านมา เปิดตัวใหม่ มาใน รูปแบบเกมสล็อต 3D มีเกมสล็อต น่าสนุกตื่นเต้น ที่นักเดิมพัน ในการเข้าเล่น

ทางเข้า pg November 3, 2022 at 3:33 PM  

ทางเข้า pg เกมสล็อตออนไลน์รูปแบบใหม่ ที่เปิดให้บริการนักเล่นการพนันทุกคน ทาง เข้า เล่น เหมาะสมกับยุยงตนี้อย่างใหญ่โต pg slot โบนัส ฟรี เนื่องจากเล่นออนไลน์ได้เลยไม่ยุ่งยาก

Post a Comment

Make my day!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP