Honest Scrap Award

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009



I have a goal, and that is to try to write something on here regularily. But it's not easy! Having a life, having a job, reading all other blogs and come up with something to write in the midst of all the buzinezz. So while I figure out how to get some of my million thoughts into writing, I thought I'd do the honest scrap thing. So you guys can start getting to know me a little better. I wasn't specifically tagged, but Writefreak said she tagged anyone reading hers that hadn't done it, so that's my excuse.
So I am to list at least 10 honest things about myself.

  1. I've been politically active since I was about 13. But for the past few years I've had more than enough with my life and therefore no time. Don't interpret that as if I want to be a politician though - that is not for me. But I've always dreamed of making a difference. I can't change the world but I know I can make a difference. And that is something I try to be aware of every single day, so whenever I have a chance to make a small difference, I do it. Whether it is to stand up for someone no one is standing up for, or speaking to a sad stranger who lost their way, making their day a little brighter. When I grow stronger I want to make bigger differences.
  2. I'm a bit of a neat freak. Not OCD neat freak but I like having a neat and clean home. Keeping the bathroom clean is particularily important, lol. If my whole home is a mess I feel like my internal feelings are all a mess too, because I panic wondering how to find things. Cleaning makes me feel relieved and relaxed.
  3. I don't smoke or drink. Never have and never will. No coffee either by the way.
  4. (Follow up to #3)I remember to have specifically decided when I was 13 years old, to live life in total truth. To be honest with myself and never run away, mentally or physically, from any challenge. I remember hearing the saying "Face your fears and live your dreams" somewhere, and have lived by those words ever since. It never gets easy - facing your innermost fears are one of the most difficult things one can do. But I'll never give up. I am very focused on living a healthy life - eating healthy, being active, drinking lots of water - no alcohol or smoking. I want to keep my senses sharp at all times, my body fit and strong and my mind fed. It's hard work, especially on rainy days, but worth it. I feel it is the best way to keep in touch with my inner spirit. I don't feel alive unless I learn new things every day.
  5. I'm 6ft tall (183cm). I love high heels but feel too self conscious to wear them most of the time. I feel like everyones eyes are on me, then I get emberrased. I feel like a giant.
  6. I love cooking and I'm good at it. I got it from my mama.
  7. I got 8 piercings. 3 in each ear, one in the belly button and one in the nose. I don't look like a piercing freak, don't worry. I'm not getting any more either. I like the elegant look, not the gothic multi-piercing thing.
  8. I once was an aspiring dancer and musician. I started playing instruments at 6, dancing at 8 and was told I could pursue a career in performing arts. However, I quit in my mid-teens in order to get enough time to pursue school and work hard there. I didn't think I had enough confidence to keep on performing on stages, even though I loved it. One of my greatest strengths and weaknesses is that I always push myself as close to perfection as possible. In this case that meant getting top grades. I regret quitting dance, but I'm happy I worked hard at school. I plan on getting back to dancing. If only I could find the time! Music however, I can't live without for a day. My iPod is my loyal companion.
  9. I cry easily, but I don't like to admit it. Anything that deeply touches me can make me cry. Music, justice being done, injustice, just being appreciative or of course feeling sad or in dispair. I am an extremely empathetic person, sometimes to my own disadvantage. I also used to be very hot tempered, but I've learnt to calm down significantly after I understood that everything is what you make it out to be. To not let a situation control me, but the other way around. Nothing is impossible.
  10. When I was a little girl, I was absolutely obsessed with cars. I knew every make and model, and I used to make songs of them when my dad took me out for walks, inspired by any car passing by. Lol. I had no interest in dolls or other girly things. Still, I didn't turn out a tomboy. Today I think certain cars are beautiful, but I go by public transport to be environmental. I lost complete interest in cars until a little while ago when I realised it IS kinda nice now and then. I'm about to go home from work on the bus after 15 mins walk in the deep snow. Yay.

This was harder than I thought!

8 comments:

Writefreak February 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

yay! she did the tag!

I am also what you can call a neat freak, can't rest till my house is in order..
like you i have never smoked or taken to alcohol
Wow you're 6ft tall! I love tall people but i love my height too..lol

btw...what language is this?

Enkay February 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

It said '0 comments' on the post and here I find WF got here before me! lol!

Hmmm, you are quite an interesting person.
Politics, singing, dancing, cooking...talk about diversity.

Somehow, the 8 piercings didn't fit into my mental picture of you though! But like you said, it's the elegance look you like.

I have also wondered what language this is on your blog.

Writefreak February 19, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

@ enkay
Yes i got here before you...*sticks tongue out!

Rebirth February 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

8 piercings? guess uve a high threshold for pain....
its good to see women who r passionate about politics

posekyere February 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Gee Whiz, Adaeze!
Now I KNOW you are a dynamite!
How come you are able to be all that and do all that you are doing?
You surely must be one kind of a WondaGirl.
I am greatly enjoying your breathe-of-fresh-air, authentic postings.

Adaeze February 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

@Writefreak - yea thats a better way of saying it - I Can't rest until my house is in order, lol. BTW I've been trying to open your blog since forever but it always closes down :(

@Enkay - thanks for your sweet words and NOT judging me for the piercings, haha. FYI they are tiny and not very visible unless you really study me. The one in the nose is a tiny diamond. Oh yeah and the language is Norwegian.

@Funms - I don't really think I have a high threashold for pain, but after losing the tip of my little finger anything is minor, lol. And yes, we need more women into politics!

@Posyekere - Aww thank you, your comment just made my DAY :-) Couldn't wish for more encouraging compliments. So happy you enjoy my posts. And I think the same of you.

Jay February 20, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

You sound very creative i.e into the arts

6 feet tall..go and wear those hells. Let the world see you.

I totally get you on the neatness issue.

Writefreak February 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Hey you, just saw your comment, not sure what's up...can you try again and lemme know if you're able to open it?
Pls use this link www.writefreak.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Make my day!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP