Phew....

>> Tuesday, February 15, 2011

*Phew....counting to ten...taking a breath between the battles of every day life*
How do I not let it eat me alive? The routines and chains of everyday duties?
This is a rant. That's the best I can do for blogging right now.

Today is the international childhood cancer awareness day (Feb 15th) so naturally I had a bunch of work to do (since I work for the national foundation for children w/cancer) and we had a documentary premiere today. Now I's tired of putting on a smiling face.

I've been pondering lately, how to make the next 6 months work. I always work in 6-month trials and tribulations (cuz that's how long a semester lasts here). I always feel somewhat like I'm diving for 6 months and come up at the end of it all to gasp for air and then dive deep down again. Too bad my "Up-for-air-period" is already over cuz I could sure need some right now.....like TRAVEL SOMEWHERE WOULD BE NICE.
Anyway, I always used to be a fit person, excercising a lot. The exercising situation has been kinda poor lately, esp last semester, I didn't work out at all. I've gained pounds I want to lose but most of all I just feel like crap. My back hurts and I feel like my meat is shaking. I no like am at all. So. I need to get back to the gym. But HOW?

I don't like to wake up early. I thought it was just a teenage phase but since I've been outta my teens for quite a while I think I better just wake up and smell the coffee - my habit is here to stay. I like to stay up late and sleep in. But I think the only way I can work out is if I do it early in the morning before I go to work? Now how am I going to do that? I go try sha..
If I get this done this is how my weeks will look:
Mon: 06: Wake up 07-08: Gym 08-09: Work 17-18: Study 21-22: Go home
Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri : Same
Every other weekend I'll be "OFF" but study and the other weekend I'll be away for extra math's tutition. Sound nice eh? So much time for leisure and building relationships, dancing and laughing...

Oh yeah I went to a shrink last week. She was a bitch. What kind of shrink tells you to get a divorce at the first session anyway? Without barely knowing anything about you?Useless YEYE woman.

Sorry my beloved blogville for not contributing more positively and not being around much but at least I'm trying right now :-D

Resolutions for next week: Work out, remember to read blogs, blog more, get into studying..

Love,

8 comments:

Giagerry February 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

A shrink?? A divorce?? That is a lil bit extreme naw. What did you reply tho? LoL--Sorry hun for ur 6 months thingy, you would survive! And about the gym and working out, May God really help us o!
xx

Mrs Newlywed February 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

Don't mind that shrink..Divorce is not always the answer. Its always advisable before one does anything to ask at least 3 honest people who have done the same thing...I would suggest doing the things that use to bring joy to you and focusing on you and God. Everything else will fall into place step by step. Remember...no condition is permanent.
God bless you :)

NaijaScorpio February 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

Yeah, that therapist is questionable. You should try another one. How u dey? Sorry i haven't been stopping by. Don't hesitate to email me if u need anything. Not that there's a whole lot i can do across continents but just know that i'm there :) I mean it!

Jennifer A. February 17, 2011 at 4:42 AM  

Sometimes Shrinks are depressed people themselves. As much as some of them are helpful, the best solace is in God's word.

In my head and around me February 17, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

I am wondering what you could have told that shrink to elicit that sort of reaction/advice.

Aren't they just supposed to guide you into discovering a resolution for your problem? as opposed to proferring a solution to said problem.

Yankeenaijababe February 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

I can imagine how busy your schedule must be, hopefully everything will pull through nicely. Happy weekend to ya, miss ya

Rita February 20, 2011 at 4:03 AM  

How did the international childhood cancer awareness day go? Hope everything went well.

Hope you are doing okay with all these activities surrounding you :-)

This shrink is harsh oh...telling you to get a divorce at the 1st session? I doubt she will be able to help you work your relationship out. You might need to consider someone/place else.

ManCee February 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

Babes..you r thinking gym. That's work men. Think fun activity; you like to be indoors..think motion games- buy a ps3move...okay buy Nintendo Wii (its cheaper and has more titles). You'd find urself playing games for hours and- wait for it- you'd be pouring sweat like any other 'hot' babe.

Weekends? Bring ur friends over and party over a few games. Plus you get to thrash their asses.
Divorce? Bring bros over to the console and thrash him too...you get quality bonding time and you earn points for owning his ass. Plus he'd think how very modern n young at heart his babe is all of a sudden. Win-win all round.

I know right? :D
Don't worry, you can thank me
later. *smug grin*

-ManCee

Post a Comment

Make my day!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP