Time to be Thankful!

>> Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello my dears
I am really not supposed to even be here right now, in fact I am in the reading hall at university supposedly writing my paper on corruption in Rivers state. But I cannot abandon my blog completely right? I haven't written a thankful post for a long, long time, but it's time that I do.

I am thankful and feeling blessed because....
1) All You bloggers who faithfully comment on my blog in spite of my absence on your blogs, and all of you who I haven't seen comment in a while I want you all to know that I am thinking of you! Goodnaijagirl, Nana Yaw Asiedu, Posekyere, Maya, Juiceegal, Rose, Standtall, Solomonsydelle, Pink Satin, Undercover07, Blogoratti, Tigeress, Writefreak, Nolimit, Sting, Aloted, Jhazmyn, Olafunke, BNSC, Funms, Tairebabs, YNC, Novisi and of course Enkay and all the rest of you. You are all great people in your own way, inspirational, educational, fascinating...you know!

2) I am alive. My family is alive. Yesterday was my husband and I's 4 year marriage anniversary. I know not to take it for granted due to the recent incident 3 months ago. The 1 yr anniversary of my dad's heart attack was two days ago as well, and he is alive and kicking. My friends are all well, and all of you are all well. We are blessed for that!

3) I have a job and I get to go to university nearly for free because of the lovely country I live in. I have the opportunity to get the education I want. I have the opportunity to fight for what I want in life.

4) For the past 3 months I have had more and more personal revelations, getting to know myself better and better and figuring out more and more what I would really like to do in the future. I am becoming creative again and I am getting back my fighting spirit. I love having goals because they make my life meaningful and drive me forward. I am considering fighting to get a special scholarship for Berkeley. Just having the opportunity to think about that is testimony to how blessed I am. I must use my opportunities to help others.

5) I have some great friendships both in Nigeria and here. I love my women. Without the sisterhood we have, what would life be like? Dull, that's what it would be. And too macho that's for sure.

6) I might get the chance to go to NYC, London and Tunisia this christmas while hubby goes to Nigeria. That would be cool!

7) My girlfriend just did my nails for free and they are looking fly. Black with pink flowers. lol.

8) Being back in school makes me feel ALIVE. And KICKING. Life has endless opportunities. And I might get to see Obama in the Peace Prize concert. Awesomeish. That's still a maybe though.

9) Safe delivery of my niece and one of my closest friends' sisters' safe delivery.

10) Life's lessons. Without hardship there would be nothing like happiness.

I really can't think of more as for right now. But I love blogville and without sounding stupid I hope you don't give up on me even though I don't do much commenting anymore. I am not putting it off my to-do list!

Have a great weekend everyone.


post signature

15 comments:

Lady X October 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

It's always good to remind yourself of the good things you have. I love painting my toe nails black! I think they make them look fab! Happy Belated Anniversary. If you can even say that...

juiceegal October 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Ada i've missed you o. Its good to know that you are well. Keep us posted as often as you can. Take care

AliceDCL October 23, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Hey ada,
congrats on the anniversary,

we've missed u...
and i am thankful for the fact that God gave you reasons to be thankful

The Author October 23, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Adaeze, we won't give up on you. And you've set me thinking about all the simple blessings I should also be thankful for. Thanks.

.. October 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Heyyy, Good to know everything is going absolutely great. I'm thankful, for and with you.

Happy belated Anniversary, may you both continue to grow in strength and love.
I miss you too, and think about you always!

Good Naija Girl October 23, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

There is something so lovable about you that you never have to worry about me giving up on you. Your visits to my blog are welcome whenever you have time and your comments are always a blessing.

I am rejoicing with you on the things you are thankful for today. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad your father is doing well! May God continue to give you things to thank Him for. I hope all your dreams and plans come to fruition (I'm jealous that some traveling may be in your immediate future)!

I think one day when you have a free moment (hah!) you should do a blog for people who want to come to Europe to study. I know my cousins were mentioning some European countries with really low tuition but I don't know much about it so I couldn't really help them.

Myne October 23, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Happy anniversay and all the best in your marriage and for the rest of your family too.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Ms. 'dufa October 23, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Happy Anniversary! Black and Pink is just hawt! You have a lot to be grateful for, just keep counting

Femme Lounge October 24, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

congratulations on all the things you are thankful for.wish you all the very best!

Maya Mame October 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Congratulations on your anniversary! Thanks for reminding us to stop and be thankful every now and then.

Here's hoping your travel plans, Nobel Peace Price experience and university scholarship come true!

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens October 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

It's good to be thankful, thanks for reminding me xXx

Anoda Phase October 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

I'm glad u have reasons to be thankful...and I celebrate ur joys too...all d best with school...

Enkay October 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Congratulations on your anniversary!!

Celebrating the beautiful things in your life with you.

Love and hugs!

BSNC October 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

congratulations on your anniversary. I know what you mean, i have not been here for a while too. People get so busy these dayz, you know we can't give up on you. I understand, hope you are good though..

tayarelwady February 6, 2019 at 10:43 PM  

يُمكن استخدام المبيدات الحشرية للتخلّص من البق في المنزل، وهناك بعض المبيدات التي تمّ تسجيلها من قبل وكالة حماية البيئة إيبا (EPA)؛ حيث تمّ وضع عليها إشارة خاصة للبق، ويمكن استخدامها، ومنها:

البيرميثرين والبيروثرويد (بالإنجليزية: Pyrethrins and pyrethroids): هي المواد الكيميائية الأكثر شيوعاً، المُستخدمة لقتل البق. بيروليز (بالإنجليزية: Pyrroles): مثل: كلورفينابير، وهي تقتل البق عن طريق تعطيل خلاياهم. نيونيكوتينوادس (بالإنجليزية: Neonicotinoids): هي من المواد الكيميائيّة التي تضرّ الجهاز العصبي للبق. ديسيكانتس (بالإنجليزية: Dessicants): هي إحدى أنواع المواد التي تقتل البق، ولكنّها تعمل ببطء، بحيث قد تستغرق بضعة أشهر لقتل كل البق.
شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالاحساء
شركة رش مبيدات بالاحساء

Post a Comment

Make my day!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP