>> Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Been seeing people getting tagged answering these questions. I thought doing the same would give me good reflection on the past year.
1)What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Tried out living the village life deep inside the forest of Igboland, Southern Nigeria
2)Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
New Years resolutions have never been a big thing to me, because I make resolutions all year around.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes one of my closer friends. They named him Agala Barack - after Obama. Cool choice.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank God not.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Peace around me. More confidence. A happy mother.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The date of travel.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Better job. Getting a Car and House in Nigeria. Bringing him home to prove them wrong.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Giving too much of a damn instead of controlling myself. Shedding too many tears. STILL not going back to danceschool.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lost an inch off my finger. Mad painful. Never again.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Gorgeous car. That's saying a lot for someone who doesn't really think one should care about them at all. I still don't care, I still use public transport 98% of the year but it sure is beautiful, lol.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Emeka my brother inlaw
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um..My dad made me sad for not realising his drinking issues, my best friend made me sad for being in denial about the unevitable truth, my brother for never coming back.
Less personal : Israeli government for invading Gaza. That appalled me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Realising my goals of the year (house&car)
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Lions, Tigers & Bears - Jazmine Sullivan
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier and sadder.. In different ways
- thinner or fatter? I think I'm the same?
- richer or poorer? Depends how you look at it. Poorer on bank account, richer on investment
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Laughing. Dancing. Travelling. Socialising. Music discovering and listening.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
21. How many one-night stands?
Never have never will. Doesn't appeal to me in any aspect at all.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes. Have also spent a lot of time watching Obama. It kept me up at night and deprived me of sleep. He's getting inaugurated tonight! *Excited*
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No hating it's a waste of energy. No new dislikes as I can think of.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Secret, What is the What
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Another stay in Naija
27. What did you want and not get?
Peace around me.
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
I suck at remembering things like this. I watch too many. I like good and deep movies.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a little more time to do other than work and chores.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Coolness and elegance combined lol
31. What kept you sane?
Neha, my mom and music.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michelle and Barack Obama
33.What political issue stirred you the most?
The campaign for Change. Congo War. Invasion of Gaza. The Niger-Delta conflict.
34. Whom did you miss?
All the friends I have who moved out of the country or out of town.
35. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
36.Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
Patience. Patience. Patience. Dare to face your fears, including your flaws (still working on that lol). Anything you want, you can have it, no matter where you come from. Knowledge is the power. This is not a new lesson, but this year I saw it with my own eyes.